Our Kinder Advanced classes (ages 10 – 14) covers the first two-thirds of the Logisch! Neu A1 course book, and are for children who can read and write in their native language. These courses offer more formal practice in reading, writing, speaking, and listening in German, and require time outside of class for weekly homework in a self-guided workbook. Kinder Advanced is equivalent to the Fit A1.1 and Fit A1.2 classes offered at GTHS. Following the completion of Kinder – Advanced in the Fall and Spring and Fit A1,3, students who have participantes thoroughly in these classes would be prepared for the Fit in Deutsch A1 Goethe Institute exam for teens.
Note that the texts required for the course are not included in the tuition. Please order your (2) books online at least 2 weeks before the start of class.
Logisch! neu A1 Arbeitsbuch with audio download
Logisch! neu A1 Kursbuch with audio download
- Prior to first week of class – 90%
- Prior to second week of class – 70%
- Prior to the third week of class – 50%
- no refund will be provided after the third week of class
Class Cancellation and Combination
The GTHS German Language School Program reserves the right to cancel or combine classes based on enrollment.
Families or individuals whose referral results in enrollment of a new student will receive a $20.00 credit towards next semester’s tuition if the new student completes a full semester. Such referrals must be indicated on the new student’s registration form.
- This is a language school, not child care.
- Any parents who pick up their children more than 5 minutes late will be charged $15 per incident.
- A little snack and drink will be provided. Please let your teacher know about allergies or certain dietary restrictions.
- Please plan to drop off and pick up your children on time. Parking can be found on the street or surrounding parking garages.
- Teachers may request that students transfer to an alternative course if they feel the student’s German proficiency does not match that of the class.
NOTE about our new sign up system: During sign up, you as our customer will share information with a third party. In this case, it goes through stripe, our online payment provider. We don’t see any of the credit card information on our end. It’s all encrypted. Some payment info is stored because some providers offer payment plans where a card needs to be charged each month on a recurring basis. In that case the cc info needs to be on file.
To sign up, you as the customer need to put in your email and name so that GTHS has that information. That then gives you access to your own account on the back end where you can check what classes you are signed up for or you can update information such as caregiver name, phone number or anything else that could be important for you to share with GTHS. Sawyer does not do anything with that information and they also don’t email any of our customers.
As a Goethe certified testing center we are now offering Goethe curriculum classes for children and adults. Exam Dates for Goethe Institut Tests are: 02.01.2020, 03.28.2020, 07.11.2020 and 11.07.2020 right here at our downtown location on 507 E.10th Street.
There will be NO SAMSTAGSSCHULE on those dates. Other Holidays include Spring Break from March 16-23rd. and EASTER on April 20th.